Pkmn Journey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pkmn Journey

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
AnimeMegapolis
BannerFans.com
Rayquaza
BannerFans.com
Poll
How would you rate my pokémon website?
The Best!
Pokemon Breeding Vote_lcap23%Pokemon Breeding Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Very Nice!
Pokemon Breeding Vote_lcap31%Pokemon Breeding Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Nice!
Pokemon Breeding Vote_lcap8%Pokemon Breeding Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Good!
Pokemon Breeding Vote_lcap8%Pokemon Breeding Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Needs Improvement!
Pokemon Breeding Vote_lcap31%Pokemon Breeding Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13
Visitors
web counter
free web counters

Pokemon Breeding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pkm God
Admin
Pkm God

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Character sheet
Pokemon: Tyranitar

Pokemon Breeding Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Breeding   Pokemon Breeding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 pm

If i have a pokemon lev 100 and i breed it and then get the breeded pokemon to lev 100 and breed it again would its STATS countinue to get higher?
Back to top Go down
https://pkmnjourney.forumotion.com
Espeon

Espeon

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Character sheet
Pokemon:

Pokemon Breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Breeding   Pokemon Breeding Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Quote :
If i have a pokemon lev 100 and i breed it and then get the breeded pokemon to lev 100 and breed it again would its STATS countinue to get higher?

if youre asking what i think youre asking, level of the parent is irrelivant. stats of a bred pokemon are determined by IVs which are inherited from the parent pokemon.
only up to 3 IVs are ever inherited from the parents, though

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1244830&posted=1 wrote:
When you breed a pokemon from the daycare center, all of its IV are randomly set initially, then one random IV from either of the parents is inherited and overwrites the initial IV of that stat. . Then a second IV that is not an HP IV, is randomly inherited from either of the parents. Then a third IV that is not an HP or a Defense IV is randomly inherited from either of the parents. So a total 3 IV's are inherited from the parents, however, HP and Defense IV's have less of a chance of being passed down. These IV's may overlap, so the same kind of IV could be selected more than once and overwrite the previously selected IV.

You can find out how many IV’s your pokemon have in each stat by using several online calculators that are available online. They require you to know how many EV’s your pokemon have in each stat, so make sure you know that. Pokemon you just caught, hatched, or only leveled up by rare candies or day care will not have any EV’s.

In terms of accuracy, Metal Kid's calculator is the best IV calculator out there. Click here.

IVs are generated randomly if not inherited and can be better or worse than the parent's. it is considered impossible to have a legit pokemon with 31 IVs in all stats, however.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1244830&posted=1 wrote:
When people try to breed for IV’s, they usually only care about 2 or 3 stats that they think are most important. If you want to breed an Alakazam for example, most people would only care about good IV’s in its Sp. Attack and Speed stats.

This is because it can take an extremely long time to breed for good IV’s in all, or nearly all of its stats. Remember that even if the parent pokemon have good IV’s in all of its stats, only 3 are randomly inherited by the offspring and the rest of its stats are random. Although, having the parents have good IV’s in all the stats you care about will give the offspring a better chance of getting good IV’s in those stats as well.

What's considered "good" or "acceptable" IV's is completely up to you. I personally would breed till all IV's I care about are above 20. But it's completely your choice on what you would consider "acceptable" IV's.

What I suggest you do when breeding for IV’s is to first choose what stats you want good IV’s in. Then find out the IV’s of the parents. Know the number of acceptable IV’s each parent has in those stats you care about. Then start breeding with those parents. When you start getting offspring, check their IV’s. NOTE: The calculators you use to find IV’s are more precise at higher levels, so its best to save the game give it some rare candies or leave it at the day care, I’d say to around level 15, check the IV’s, and then reset.

If there are more good IV’s in the stats you care about in the offspring than in its parent of the same gender, then you should replace the parent with the offspring. If the offspring have a less amount of good IV’s or the same amount of good IV’s as its parent with the same gender, then you should just release it. Making the parents have more good IV’s in the stats you care about will make the offspring have a better chance of getting good IV’s in all of the stats you care about. You should keep doing this until you finally breed the pokemon with good IV’s in all the stats you care about.

hope this helped ^^
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Breeding
Page 1 of 1